Whats my IP Address | Your IP Address
What is a Internet Speedtest?
A Internet Speedtest tests your UP- and Download speed.
Why Should I test my Internet Speed?
You should test your Internet Speed to know how fast your Connection is.
Understanding Speed Test Results
Mbps: One Megabit (or one million bits) per second. You need eight megabits per second to move a one megabyte file. One digital photo, for example, might be one or two megabytes in size. Bits move bytes.
The speed at which your internet connection delivers data to your computer. This is the maximum amount of info your computer can receive from the internet in a given second. Download speed is measured in Megabits per second (Mbps).
The reverse of download speed, this measures the maximum amount of information that your computer can send to the internet. It's also measured in Mbps.
What Internet Speed do i need for Video Streaming?
(Internet Speed Requirements for Video Streaming by www.lifewire.com)
- 1 Mb/s for viewing on a laptop computer. While you can stream Netflix at speeds of 1 Mb/s, the quality will be grainy on a large screen, much like watching an old VHS movie.
- 2 Mb/s for viewing standard definition video (480p) on a TV
- 4 Mb/s for viewing high-def video (720p, 1080p)
- 5 Mb/s or more for the best audio and video experience
- 15 Mb/s for 4K streaming (but 25mb/s is preferred)
- 1 Mb/s to stream standard definition content
- 3.5 Mb/s to stream HD content (720p/1080p)
- 15 Mb/s for 4K Ultra HD videos (but 25mb/s is preferred)